Oliver and special guest, Grant Brown – with the RI chapter of the Financial Planning Association, discuss how to stick with your investment plan and make the most of it!
Also discussed in this episode:
- Annuities, what are they and do you need one?
- Money Pros Mailbag
Sticking with it, When it Comes to Investing
- Panic selling is a bigger threat to your portfolio than picking a bad investment
- Figuring out when to get out also means figuring out when to get in
- S&P 500 lost 50% from peak in 2007 to low in 2009
- Regained previous high in March of 2012
- Has averaged 6.31% since 2007 high
|Consistent 401k Participation | 2007 to 2012|
|• Average balance fell 37.4%; in 2008|
|• Increased at compount rate of 6.8%|
|• Average account balance 67%|
– ICI and EBRI report 2014
Watch the video above to learn more.