Perhaps you or someone you know has in some way been affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Statistics show that 5.3 million people of all ages have the disease and two-thirds are women.
Donna McGowan from the Alzheimer’s Association of RI and WPRI’s very own Mike Montecalvo joined The Rhode Show Monday to discuss how we can get involved in supporting the battle against this disease.
Walks: September 20 & 27
Time: Registration at 8 a.m., walk starts at 9 a.m.
Location: Salva Regina in Newport
Here are some of the other segments featured on The Rhode Show on September 14, 2015:
- Former NFL player shares tailgating tips
- Styleweek Designer Susan Zemaitis talks Spring 2016 Collection
- Tina Stephens accessories featured at StyleWeek
- The Buzz: The return of fall TV
- Firetrucks showcase their apparatuses
- Juggling life and spending quality time with your kids
- Celebrating a decade of hope
- In the Kitchen: Pizette Fritte